Thursday, July 16, 2009

Return to Racing

This weekend's El Scorcho 50K will mark my first ultra-distance race since February's Rocky Raccoon 60 (some people chose to run the full 100 miles; I chose not to). Meant to run the Rocky Hill Ranch 50K back in April, but then it got rained (rain. n. water condensed from atmospheric vapor and falling in drops) out & my stupid shin wouldn't allow me to run the June "make-up" version. But all the parts and pieces are feeling pretty decent now, and I'm toying with the idea of actually "racing" El Scorcho, rather than simply using it as a long training run. With a forecast low temperature of 67 during the race (practically frigid), and the excitement of running with 500 other idiots, the temptation will be strong push the pace early. We'll see. In any case, it's just nice to feel excited to run an organized race again. Report to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You almost make it sound like fun...

    ReplyDelete