Thursday, June 30, 2011

May and June

I ran 103.75 miles this month. Hardly all that impressive. I mean, it's only 1.75 miles more than a bunch of people ran last weekend in the Sierra Nevada mountains in one day. And it's well short of even my own (relatively pathetic) best month ever. But it was a gratifying month of running nonetheless for a couple of reasons. First, I was running again after a horrible injury-filled spring. Second, and more importantly, I am running consistently. Arguably more consistently than ever. The 103.75 miles arose out of 26 runs. Throw in 4 active-rest Friday walks for another 11.6 miles, and you have 115.35 total miles spread out over every day this month. Average running pace was 9:35, with most of the weekday road runs in the 8:15-8:40 range - not terribly quick, but not embarassing. Fairly certain I've never gone 30 straight days without a zero day. Add to that the last 13 days of May (where I walked every day), and I couldn't be happier with my consistency. If July brings the same success, I may actually find some genuine running fitness again!

No comments:

Post a Comment